Doing my makeup in the morning is very much a staple in my daily routine.
Even if I’m working from home, I’m in video calls for most of the day. The act of getting ready is like my cue to start the day (much like a cup of coffee).
While I’ve dropped the setting spray (no need to lock in the look if it’s washing off at 6pm) and swapped to more affordable products, my makeup routine has stayed pretty consistent. I’ve been able to do a quick 5-minute face these days since I’m less concerned about blending or perfecting the technique (thank you, slightly pixilated webcams).
Here’s what I use for my work from home makeup routine in five minutes:
P.S. – I timed it. It took less than 5 minutes!
- IT Cosmetics CC Cream in Light – I start by applying CC cream. I love this CC cream and it’s been a part of my everyday look for close to three years. It’s not as heavy as a foundation, applies like a tinted moisturizer, but gives me the additional coverage I’m looking for that other CC creams on the market can’t. I’ve tried them all, including Smashbox, Erborian — you name it.
- ELF Instant Lift Brow Pencil in Taupe – I brush up my brows using one end of the pencil, and the product is waxy which helps to hold my brow hairs in place and gives a little grit for the pigment. I used to use a brow powder, but in the interest of speed, lightly penciling in my brows and brushing them through does the trick these days.
- Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in 01 Always Red – I am not myself without this red lipstick. It’s a cream lipstain formula, so it applies like a gloss, is sort of a satin finish but stays in place and doesn’t crumble throughout the day. I might give myself a light touch up after lunch, but for the most part it stays and stays and stays. I love this product so much that I have one in my work bag, in my purse, at my desk in the office, and of course at home. If you see a photo of me wearing a red lipcolor, it’s this one. Always.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent – While I have NARS powders and Laura Mercier, I hesitate to use those up especially considering the price point and the fact that (let’s face it) I have nowhere to go. I set my makeup with this affordable Rimmel powder – it does the job and keeps me shine-free throughout the day. If you apply too much it can start looking cakey so know a little dusting goes a long way.
- Urban Decay Perversion Eyeliner – Some days, I might flick it out and add a winged liner to my look. Secret: I do this usually when I’m feeling blah to distract from my tired eyes. This liquid eye pen is easy to use and whether you’re adding a wing or just adding some definition to your eyes, consider this eyeliner your go-to.
- L’Oreal Paris Lash Paradise Mascara in Blackest Black – Similar to the powder, I hesitate to use my Dior mascara. This mascara is a bit thicker and can sometimes appear a little clumpy on lashes, but when viewed through a webcam you don’t really see all those details. It doesn’t flake and it’s a true black – pretty reliable and holds up well throughout the day. I curl my lashes for a beat before applying this, and it makes all the difference.
Again, all of this is just my personal preference and helps me feel ready for the day ahead.
What about you? Are you sticking to your makeup routine in this time?
SHOP THE LOOK
This post may contain affiliate links. For full details, please visit the disclaimer page.