Quarter of a century.
With almost 25 years on this earth under my belt, I wanted to share some wisdom I’ve picked up along the way.
- You don’t have to go to the party, and you don’t have to explain why.
- Great haircare is worth its weight in gold. You don’t even have to style your hair if you nail the product selection (wave spray, anyone?).
- Meal prepping is your wallet’s best friend. Learn to love it.
- Sleep, sleep, sleep. Even when your brain is spinning and you can’t slow it down, find a way to get centered and get rest.
- Call your mom, your sister, or a loved one. Keep close to those who care about you and show them you care too, no matter how busy life gets or how much your mom nags from afar (sorry Mom).
- Don’t apologize for your interests, be proud of them. Passion is important.
- Actively seeking out knowledge is among the best forms of education. The internet is full of great information.
- There’s a perfect power red lip for everyone – an essential for every woman.
- After a stressful day, remember that a bubble bath and a good meal can cure almost anything.
- Don’t be afraid to take a mental health day when it all gets to be too much.
- The right playlist can be stronger than caffeine to get through a mid-day slump.
- Surround yourself with things that make you happy, be it the occasional candle or a photo reminding you of good times.
- Photograph everything, you never know how quickly things can change.
- A solo trip can lead to so much self-discovery, and it’s something you really need to experience.
- On that note, learn to feel comfortable doing things alone: leading a photoshoot, eating at a restaurant, going to a party. Don’t rely on others to freely live your life or grow.
- Learn how to make 3 dishes and make them well.
- Cleaning can be therepeutic with the right mindset.
- A signature scent and a signature drink are two things that will instantly make you feel like you have your life together.
- Don’t aspire to be Carrie Bradshaw. She’s the worst character on Sex and the City.
- Arrive at the airport early, even when people say it’s dorky. Boarding the plane on time, at your own pace? Worth it.
- Carry a notebook with you at all times. Analog.
- Unfollow people on Facebook (or even unfriend). Declutter your digital environment.
- Trust your instincts. If you question someone’s motives — be alert and aware.
- Read about things that interest you and things that scare you.
- Know your worth.
Regardless of how old you are, I hope this list gets you excited for the future. xThis post may contain affiliate links. For full details, please visit the disclaimer page.